House for Sale
Riverhouse' Award Winning Architect Designed Family Home on 1214m² Allotment
Property ID 1958384As the garage door closes a sense of calm descends on this spacious family home designed by award winning architects, Davis & Josephson. Positioned on a rare north-facing blue chip allotment, the design maximizes the views of, and draws attention to, the spectacular river and city views.
The large sliding gate and imposing garage provide height and mass to deflect traffic noise, while the innovative site design pushes the house down towards the river by a series of stepped walls and protruding bays. Simple and robust exterior materials of concrete block, sheet metal and plywood, are inventive and low-maintenance.
This five-bedroom home has a master suite, and an additional 4 bedrooms located in a separate wing with access to a courtyard and water feature. In contrast to the exterior, interior finishes are more refined and are inviting and warm. Natural timber floors lead to the bedroom and living areas.
Boasting multiple living areas, the dining and living areas on the upper level are separated by a double-sided fireplace and open onto the large deck and stunning views. The kitchen and informal dining area are adjacent to the dining and living area and can be divided by a solid timber sliding wall.
On the lower level, a more informal living area leads out to the saltwater pool and views of the river. A large study, laundry, sauna, bathroom, soundproof music room and wine cellar are also on this level.
From the lower level the site steps down to a river terrace and pontoon, shaded by a poinciana tree.
At a glance:
• Master suite with walk in robe & dual basin ensuite
• 4 large bedrooms in one wing - perfect for family or friends
• Extremely quiet -architectural style deflects any Wynnum Rd Noise
• Private and unassuming from the street and river
• Located within 4km of the CBD
• Sparkling salt water pool under cantilevered deck
• Multiple living and entertaining areas
• Multiple rain water tanks with approximately 37,000 litres of storage capacity
• Security system
• Lock up garage for 3 cars, with parking for additional 6 cars inside property
• Sauna and bathroom on lower level
• Air-conditioned wine cellar below ground level (60 dozen bottle + capacity)
• Ducted A/C
• Huge amounts of storage space
• Large office
• Built in library style cabinetry in lower rumpus area
• Waterfront entertaining area + water + power access
• Contact agent for floor plan
An inspection will impress.
The sellers have outgrown this much-loved family home which affords this unique opportunity.
ESTIMATED FLOOR AREAS:
Internal living areas 49 Squares (441m2)
Outdoor, garage and storage 22 Squares (198m2)
Total 71 Squares (639m2)
(Parking Available onsite)Contact agent prior to inspections should you have concerns.
Disclaimer - We have made our best endeavours to provide accurate information. We accept no responsibility for any errors or admissions. Buyers are encouraged to do their own research.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.